The Black Ops Cold War beta is available on PlayStation 4 ahead of its November 13 release date. After feedback from players, Treyarch has made the following changes to the Black Ops Cold War beta, according to its official website.
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended
- Increased the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity.
- Slightly reduced the damage output of the Milano 821 SMG.
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player’s view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get “UI Error 66156” when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turrent missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
The beta is available for early access to players who pre-order any edition of Black Ops Cold War, and open to any PS4 owners. For more, check out IGN’s extensive Black Ops Cold War preview.
Matt T.M. Kim is a reporter for IGN.